What does "season" mean?
See season in WNW Idioms
- available fresh for use as food: said of fruits, vegetables, seafood, etc.
- at the legally established time for being hunted or caught: said of game
- in or at the suitable or proper time
- in good season; early enough
- in heat: said of animals
See season in American Heritage Dictionary 4 Idioms
- Available or ready for eating or other use.
- Legally permitted to be caught or hunted during a specified period.
- At the right moment; opportunely.
- In heat. Used of animals.
out of season
- Not available, permitted, or ready to be eaten, caught, or hunted.
- Not at the right or proper moment; inopportunely.
Learn more about season